Social sphere / Tourism
A unique digital product – “Kazakhstan – Land of the Great Steppe” – is one-of-a-kind high quality interactive application, presenting multimedia on the most representative geographic, political, touristic, historical, economic facts about Kazakhstan. It contains hundreds of high quality unique photographs, videos, 3D objects, panoramic tours, interactive charts, and innovative maps. It should be of interest to anyone who wants to learn about the world’s ninth largest country, including tourists, students, and business people. Available in English, Russian, and Kazakh.
Mobile device versions are available in AppStore and PlayMarket.
Also available in Windows and web-version.
WELCOME TO KAZAKHSTAN!
You can run an application web-page
by following the link: http://bit.ly/28PkZza
International, republican, city information and image events
For the formation of an attractive tourist image of Almaty city in the international tourist market, its participation have been considered in the international tourist forums, the exhibitions, the fairs, as well as making the information tour for foreign media representatives has provided.
The II International Hotel Forum was held on the23-24 th of June. The challenges of the period of economic recession and the actions of hoteliers, the tendency in the development of international hotel business, the ways to increase the hotels loading, the methods of motivating staff for provision of excellent services in the Central Asian countries including the Republic of Kazakhstan were discussed during the forum. International experts took part in the forum from France, Hong Kong, Georgia, Russia, etc.
For the development of regional cooperation within the framework of the interregional events plan for the development of the Almaty agglomeration until 2020, an information tour of Almaty and the Almaty region was held to determine the most attractive routes for the international and interior markets. There were the info-tour representatives of tour operators, the media, the tour guides, the marketers, etc. among them. A meeting was held to discuss the tour and the elaboration of recommendations for improving the quality of service and service in this route at the end of the info-tour.
107 facilities were inspected for accessibility of disabled ones during the time of 3 months. On September 15, 2015, the Tourism Department of Almaty and the Academy of Image (the winners of the state competition) held a conference «Inventory (Passportation) Results of Social Infrastructure Objects Compliance with an Accessible Environment for People with Disabilities". The conference was held on the basis of the Kazakh National Research Technical University named after K.I. Satpayev.
Information tours have been conducted for the leading foreign tour operators from September 14-18, as well as for the leading foreign media from September 21-25, 2015,
In the period from June 15 to September 15, 2015, KAGIR by the order of KSU "Tourism Department of Almaty" conducted a study of the hotel fund and defined the rating of hotels and the accommodation facilities in Almaty.
There are 165 hotels and other accommodation facilities according to the research within the framework of this project in Almaty in September 2015. At the checking moment, 25 of them were not functionated or were in repair. 25. The number of rooms in 140 operating hotels and other accommodation facilities were 7, 110, the number of beds were 11,353.
Management conducts meetings for the experience exchange and for further cooperation:
Meetings were held with: Nur Liza Zain, First Secretary of the Embassy of Malaysia; with the Austrian delegation for partnership; with Mr. Pradeep Srivastava (Central and West Asia Department of ADB (India);Mr. Arun Ramamurta; an editor of Ms. Xiao Yuan Common Wealth magazine; Deputy Chairman of the Political Consultative Council of Khorgos city - Head of the Tourist Office of Khorgos city of the People's Republic of China Wang Shulin; with the Deputy of Mayor Kim Nam-il; Honorary Consul of Kazakhstan in Australia Andrew Fernihof; The representative of the company "Tourism from Israel to Kazakhstan and the Central Asia" A. Supinski; with the representative of the company "Insignia" M. Bastrykina, with the delegation of Xinjiang-Uygur Autonomous Region of the PRC; with Pyrenova Gulzhamal - representative of the company "Silk Road Media"; with Babak Ziai - the representative of the airline "Mahan Air"; with the first commercial secretary of Egypt, Mrs. H. Selim and the attaché for culture and education; with the Professor Hemdan Ibrahim by the question of development of halal tourism and discussion of possible cooperation vectors, with Daniel de Wolff, Gergeley Molnar - Representatives of the HTMI (Hotel and Tourism Management Institute, Switzerland) and Utebekova G. –the representative of the Kazakhstan-Swiss Institute of Tourism and Restaurant and Hotel Business, by the question of training in tourism, and also for discussion of making the cooperative tourist project possibilities; with the diplomatic corps in the representation of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Almaty; by the question of investment attractions and investment project considerations including in tourism; with the Hungarian general consul in Almaty, Ferenc Blaumann; with the trade attaché; with the Head of Trade Department of the Austrian Embassy in RK Michael Muller; on the issues of interaction and cooperation of tourist administrations and tourism businesses in Austria and Almaty; with Shapagatova Bayan - director of LLP "Satti Arba"; the official representative of the German company producing the houses on wheels; on the issues of caravanning development project (caravanning is a journey in motorhomes or caravans) in Almaty; with the director of « Global Air American Express » Gulden Oshanova; with Denis Keen "Walking Almaty" by the question of development of tourist advertising and information materials of a new design; with Yushkov A.I , President of the Public Fund "Central Asian Association of Instructors ” (Ski School and Snowboards);On the issues related to the development of ski tourism, children's ski tourism and the training of mountain tourism instructors, with Yaroslav Akulich , the development director of InterFinInvest; with a mobile guide development in the Almaty city .
Seminars, meetings, conferences, etc.
- in Kazakhstan Olympics "The best specialists of the tourism industry of the Republic of Kazakhstan" in the nomination "Teachers, the best teachers in tourism of TVE, universities", nominations "Internal and incoming tourism. Knowledge of tourist resources of Kazakhstan ";
- in the master class of Sam Gallam - designer of urban landscape and navigation, the founder of the studio Lacock Gullam (London, Great Britain), dedicated to branding Almaty;
- in the event "WORKSHOP-ZHETYSU TRAVEL-2015", organized by the Tourism Department of Almaty region;
- in the V International Conference Sabre Corporate Travels 2015. This year the theme of SCTC 2015 was "Organization of Business Trips - Economy, Mobility, Quality";
- in the UNESCO Forum on the Development of the Cultural Heritage of the Silk Road;
- in the regional training seminar on the support account for tourism, which was held in the hotel of Kazakhstan;
- participated in a consultative meeting of experts of the socio-economic development and the program priorities. An expert consultation was organized by the subregional office for North and Central Asia and the Economic and Social Commission of the United Nations for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP) on December 8, 2015 at the Grand Hotel Tien Shan. The economic and the social development issues in North and Central Asia were considered ;
- in the selective conference of the NPP management with the representatives of the Almaty city’s executive committee’s branches , on the issues of concluding the results of realization and approval of the project of the Regional Development Card;
- in the solemn event dedicated to the anniversary of the opening of the Shokan Ualikhanov Academy of Tourism;
- in a round table with the participation of an employee of the Department of the Agency of the Republic of Kazakhstan for Civil Service and Anti-Corruption in Almaty, on the clarification of the National Plan "100 specific steps", the main thesis and priorities of the Address of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan NA. Nazarbayev to the people of Kazakhstan "Kazakhstan in a new global reality: growth, reform, development", prevention and counterwork to corruption, in accordance with the Anti-Corruption Strategy of the Republic of Kazakhstan for 2015-2025.
They assisted the producer center "Primeworks Studios Sdn.Bhd" and the television company "TVZ" from Malaysia in the filming of a documentary about Kazakhstan and, in particular, about the Almaty city for the television program "Spiceroutes" (Spice Roads).
On December 3, 2015, on the basis of the Kazakh Academy of Sports and Tourism, training courses for tourism instructors and tour guides were completed, a certification exam and certificates were given for passing these courses.
On December 11, 2015, they participated in a videoconference of the Permanent Mission of the Asian Development Bank in Kazakhstan with the participation of Fundac ion Metropoli and the Bishkek city’s hall on the "Economic Corridor Almaty-Bishkek" initiative.
Working with the media
The following mass information media were interviewed: TAN TV channel, Khabar TV channel, Tengri news Internet portal, Almaty channel, Kazakh TV international channel and Kazakhstan TV channel.
Assistance was provided in the filming of the Al-Jazeera International TV Company (UAE), surveying was conducted for the "Let's Go, We Are Going" program with famous master John Warren, and a film crew from Malaysia was assisted in filming a documentary on the television company TVZ.